STUDY ABROAD SYDNEY
Spend a semester abroad in the largest and also oldest city in Australia – Sydney! The world metropolis is perfect for a semester abroad and adventurous trips and travels during and after the semester!
Economics & Media
Summer semester: Beg. February – Mid June
Winter semester: End July – beg. December
April 15 / October 15 in your 3rd semester (part-time students in 5th semester)
Note: Students of the International Business Management program do NOT have to apply for the Study Abroad semester.
- Business Psychology: 4th semester
- Psychology: 5th semester
- International Business (Heidelberg): 5th semester
- Digital Business Management (Heidelberg): 5th semester
- Part-time students: 6th semester
- All other study programs: 4th or 5th semester
- At least 60 ECTS at the time of application in the 3rd semester or (if less than 60 ECTS, but at least 55 ECTS) submission of a complete translation of the Abitur certificate (minimum grade point average: 2.7). If you apply in the 3rd semester for a departure in the 5th semester, you can make up missing ECTS if necessary
- Your grade point average at Hochschule Fresenius is at least 3.0
- You pass the English test, offered by Hochschule Fresenius, with a level of B2 or better. The test will be administered online after the application deadline. If you have at least a B2 English level and can provide an official language certificate, which is not older than two years, you will be exempted from the test. Please then forward the certificate to us together with your application.
- Participation incl. credit for exams is possible for the following study programs: “Betriebswirtschaftslehre, International Business Management, International Business, Medienmanagement & Digitales Marketing, Mobilitätswirtschaft, Psychologie, Risiko- und Sicherheitsmanagement, Sportmanagement, Wirtschaftspsychologie“
The „Student Visa Subclass 500“ is required for entry. With this visa you are allowed to stay in Australia for one month after the end of the semester and also to pursue a part-time job during your studies. The International Office will inform you as soon as you can apply and provide you with step-by-step instructions. Please ensure as early as possible that you have a valid passport as well as a credit card.
You are responsible for booking your own flight. You will be informed about the optimal arrival time by the International Office as soon as you have received a confirmation from UTS. The cheapest flights are from Frankfurt, e.g. via New Dheli, Dubai, Shanghai or Abu Dhabi. Common airlines for this route are Quatar, Etihad, Emirates, Air France and Cathay.
In Sydney, you have the possibility to apply for a room at UTS housing, which is a student dormitory located directly on campus. However, the minimum rental period is 6 months and a place cannot be guaranteed due to the high demand. You will receive sufficient information from the International Office about other dormitory providers, as well as tips on how to find a room elsewhere.
You will continue to pay your regular tuition fees at Hochschule Fresenius during the semester abroad, as you will still be enrolled. In addition, after signing the contract for the semester abroad, you will pay a one-time payment for the entire semester abroad, which covers, among other things, the tuition fees at UTS. In addition, there are costs for the visa, flight, accommodation, insurance and living on site. Please feel free to attend one of our information sessions or book a consultation appointment if you would like more information on this. You will also find information on funding opportunities, such as information on our merit scholarship here.
- No loss of study time! Full recognition of achieved credits!
- Virtual information session before application deadline
- Planning and organization by the International Office
- Simplified application procedure with step-by-step instructions
- Optimal preparation for the Semester Abroad: Prep’n Talk event for networking with former program participants and the group that will be traveling with you plus checklists, info guides and much more.
- (Obligatory) Orientation Week at UTS before semester start
- Contact person of the International Office also during the semester abroad for questions and problems (in addition to the contact persons at UTS International on site)
- Almost four months abroad. The earlier start of the semester in Australia gives you three months until the start of the next Fresenius semester, which you can use to work, travel or do an internship
- Conversion and credit transfer of your UTS credits
- Welcome Home Event