STUDY ABROAD Shanghai
Boost your resumé by spending an entire semester abroad in the booming city of Shanghai! Dive into a completely new foreign culture and enrich your academic skillset by taking one of HS Fresenius’ most popular specializations: International Management or Market, Consumer, and Media Psychology. Shanghai University, one of the city’s most prominent universities will be happy to count you amongst its many international students!
Economics & Media
Market, Consumer, and Media Psychology
Summer semester: March–June
Winter semester: August–November
April 15 / October 15 in your 3rd semester (part-time students in 5th semester)
Note: Students enrolled in the International Business Management study program do NOT have to apply for the Study Abroad semester.
- Business Psychology: 4th semester
- Philosophy, Politics, Economy: 4th semester
- International Business (Heidelberg): 5th semester
- Digital Business Management (Heidelberg): 5th semester
- Part-time students: 6th semester
- All other study programs: 4th or 5th semester
- Your grade point average at Hochschule Fresenius must be at least 3.6
- You have to pass the English language test offered by Hochschule Fresenius, with a level of at least B2. The test will be administered online after the application deadline. If you have at least a B2 English language level proven by an official language certificate, which is not older than two years, you will be exempted from the test. In that case please attach the language certificate to your application.
- Participation incl. credit for exams is possible for the following study programs: “Betriebswirtschaftslehre, International Business Management, International Business, Digital Business Management, Mobilitätswirtschaft, Immobilienwirtschaft, Medienmanagement & Digitales Marketing, Wirtschaftsinformatik, Wirtschaftsrecht, Risiko- und Sicherheitsmanagement, Sportmanagement, Musikmanagement, Wirtschaftspsychologie“
For the semester abroad in Shanghai, a student visa (single-entry), category X2, is required. The visa application is done with the support of HS Fresenius International Office and Shanghai University. The International Office will inform you on how to apply and provide you with step-by-step instructions. Please make sure that you have a valid passport!
You are responsible for booking your own flight. You will be informed about the optimal arrival time by the International Office as soon as you have received the invitation documents for your visa application from Shanghai University. Common airlines for this route are, for example, Air China, China Eastern, Lufthansa, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Air France.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer student residences in Shanghai. However, you will receive sufficient information from the International Office on how to look for accommodation in Shanghai.
You will continue to pay your regular tuition fees at Hochschule Fresenius during the semester abroad, as you will still be enrolled. In addition, after signing the contract for the semester abroad, you will pay a one-time payment for the entire semester abroad, which covers, among other things, the tuition fees at Shanghai University. In addition, there are costs for the visa, flight, accommodation, insurance and living on site. Please feel free to attend one of our information sessions or book a consultation appointment if need further details. You will also find information on funding opportunities, such as information on our merit scholarship here.
- No loss of study time! Full recognition of achieved credits!
- Virtual information session before application deadline
- Planning and organization by the International Office
- Simplified application procedure with step-by-step instructions
- Optimal preparation for the semester abroad: Prep’n Talk event for networking with the group that will be traveling with you; checklists; info guides and much more.
- Contact person at the International Office also during the semester abroad in case of questions and problems (in addition to the contact persons at Shanghai University)
- Conversion and credit transfer of your Shanghai University credits
- Welcome Home Event