study Abroad Kuala Lumpur
You are interested in all topics around International Management and would like to get to know a completely new culture? Then spend a semester abroad in the booming capital of Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur! Our partner university APU is looking forward to you! You want to learn more about studying in Kuala Lumpur? Listen to our Podcast „Campusgeflüster“ and learn about Lara´s experience: click here.
Economics & Media
Summer semester: Mid-February – Beg. July
Winter semester: Beg. September – Late January
April 15 / October 15 in your 3rd semester (part-time students in 5th semester)
Note: Students of the International Business Management program do NOT have to apply for the Study Abroad semester.
- Business Psychology: 4th semester
- Philosophy, Politics, Economy: 4th semester
- International Business (Heidelberg): 5th semester
- Digital Business Management (Heidelberg): 5th semester
- Part-time students: 6th semester
- All other study programs: 4th or 5th semester
- Your grade point average at Hochschule Fresenius is at least 3.6
- You pass the English test, offered by Hochschule Fresenius, with a level of B2 or better. The test will be administered online after the application deadline. If you have at least a B2 English level and can provide an official language certificate, which is not older than two years, you will be exempted from the test. Please then forward the certificate to us together with your application.
- Participation incl. credit for exams is possible for the following study programs: “Betriebswirtschaftslehre, International Business Management, International Business, Digital Business Management, Mobilitätswirtschaft, Immobilienwirtschaft, Medienmanagement & Digitales Marketing, Wirtschaftsinformatik, Wirtschaftsrecht, Risiko- und Sicherheitsmanagement, Sportmanagement, Musikmanagement, Wirtschaftspsychologie“
For the semester abroad in Kuala Lumpur, a student visa (multiple entry) with a maximum validity of five months is required. The visa application is done with the support of APU and takes about four to six weeks. The International Office will inform you as soon as you can apply and provide you with step-by-step instructions. Please ensure as early as possible that you have a valid passport as well as a credit card.
You are responsible for booking your own flight. You will be informed about the optimal arrival time by the International Office as soon as you have received a confirmation from APU. Most flights to Kuala Lumpur International Airport have a stopover in Singapur, Doha, Dubai, Amsterdam or Istanbul. Common airlines for this route are Singapore Airlines, Emirates, KLM and Turkish Airlines.
It is possible to apply for a place in the student dormitory at APU. The application is made approximately at the same time as the visa application and is carried out with the support of APU. If all places are occupied, APU will assist in finding other accommodation close to campus.
You will continue to pay your regular tuition fees at Hochschule Fresenius during the semester abroad, as you will still be enrolled. In addition, after signing the contract for the semester abroad, you will pay a one-time payment for the entire semester abroad, which covers, among other things, the tuition fees at APU. In addition, there are costs for the visa, flight, accommodation, insurance and living on site. Please feel free to attend one of our information sessions or book a consultation appointment if you would like more information on this. You will also find information on funding opportunities, such as information on our merit scholarship here.
- No loss of study time! Full recognition of achieved credits!
- Virtual information session before application deadline
- Planning and organization by the International Office
- Simplified application procedure with step-by-step instructions
- Optimal preparation for the Semester Abroad: Prep’n Talk event for networking with the group that will be traveling with you plus checklists, info guides and much more.
- Contact person of the International Office also during the semester abroad for questions and problems (in addition to the contact persons at APU on site)
- Conversion and credit transfer of your APU credits
- Welcome Home Event