In the future, globalization and demographic shifts will lead to a growing number of foreign apprentices and students to work in German companies and attend German universities. For them, this new start often represents a large professional, cultural and personal challenge. Companies and universities that address their concern early on have a clear advantage – avoiding frustration on both sides and decreasing the likelihood that the newcomers’ training or studies will be prematurely broken off. This seminar provides support for foreign apprentices as well as students by offering an in-depth look into “typically German” behaviors as well as tips for successful integration.
- Impressions of Germany: expectations and perceptions of Germany
- Expectations of the new business or university
- Avoiding misunderstandings: interacting with directness and criticism
- „The German work ethic“: orderliness, punctuality and performance-orientated approach
- Manners and polite forms of speech
- Appropriate behavior in meetings/respecting hierarchies
- Bureaucracy: peculiarities in dealing with administrative bodies
- Making contacts, finding friends and accepting invitations
- Theoretical input
- Self-reflection exercises
This training assumes that the participants leave their webcam switched on so that a real group experience can take place.
IMPORTANT: Please take an additional login via this login link to register: https://online-terminvergabe-techniker.de/Portal/Event/QC5Z1O
- As this course is conducted online, please register with your own device and your full name. Otherwise you may not be registered as a participant.
- In case of technical problems, please contact us immediately so that we can find a solution as soon as possible.
- If you are late, please make sure that you are still registered as a participant by the lecturer.
- If you have to leave the course before the end, please inform the instructor.
- We reserve the right to give participants who are absent without excuse from workshops, courses, events, etc., lower priority for future participation.
- In many cases, an unexcused absence means that those interested in the offer cannot move up on the waiting list and valuable places remain free. In addition, the provision of the offers is associated with a high level of planning, coordination and costs.
- Registration for all events is obligatory. If you are unable to attend the event for important reasons, please cancel your registration via StudyPLUS no later than five days before the event.
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact the person named in the course description.
2021-10-27 04:30 bis 2021-10-27 06:00,