Study Abroad London
Spend a semester abroad in the multicultural British capital and learn everything about Finance and Controlling at London MET!
Economics & Media
Finance und Controlling
Winter semester: Mid-September – Late January
Note: NOT possible in summer semester
April 15 / October 15 in your 3rd semester (part-time students in 5th semester)
Note: Students of the International Business Management program do NOT have to apply for the Study Abroad semester.
- Business Psychology: 4th semester
- International Business (Heidelberg): 5th semester
- Digital Business Management (Heidelberg): 5th semester
- Part-time students: 6th semester
- All other study programs: 4th or 5th semester
- Your grade point average at Hochschule Fresenius is at least 2,7 and you have at least 60 credits at the time of application in your 3rd semester. If you do not meet the requirements, please get in touch with us and we check your case individually.
- You pass the English test, offered by Hochschule Fresenius, with a level of B2 or better. The test will be administered online after the application deadline. If you have at least a B2 English level and can provide an official language certificate, which is not older than two years, you will be exempted from the test. Please then forward the certificate to us together with your application.
- Participation incl. credit for exams is possible for the following study programs: “Betriebswirtschaftslehre, International Business Management, International Business, Digital Business Management, Mobilitätswirtschaft, Immobilienwirtschaft, Wirtschaftsinformatik, Wirtschaftsrecht, Risiko- und Sicherheitsmanagement, Sportmanagement, Musikmanagement, Wirtschaftspsychologie“
EU nationals do not need a visa for the duration of the semester. They can just enter the UK with their passport. Students of other nationalities inform the International Office and receive appropriate information on how to apply for a visa. In either case, you are not allowed to work or do an internship in the UK.
You are responsible for booking your own flight. You will be informed about the optimal arrival time by the International Office as soon as you have received a confirmation from London MET. The cheapest flights can be booked through Ryanair. London Heathrow and London City are the airports that are located in direct proximity to the city center.
In London, you have the option of booking a room in a student residence located just a 10-minute walk from the Holloway campus. These are single rooms, with two bathrooms in an apartment shared by a total of six students, the same goes for the kitchen. A place in the dormitory cannot be guaranteed due to high demand! You will receive sufficient information from the International Office about other accommodation options.
You will continue to pay your regular tuition fees at Hochschule Fresenius during the semester abroad, as you will still be enrolled. In addition, after signing the contract for the semester abroad, you will pay a one-time payment for the entire semester abroad, which covers, among other things, the tuition fees at London MET. In addition, there are costs for the flight, accommodation, insurance and living on site. Please feel free to attend one of our information sessions or book a consultation appointment if you would like more information on this. You will also find information on funding opportunities, such as information on our performance-based scholarship here.
- No loss of study time! Full recognition of achieved credits!
- Virtual information session before application deadline
- Planning and organization by the International Office
- Simplified application procedure with step-by-step instructions
- Optimal preparation for the Semester Abroad: Prep’n Talk event for networking with former program participants and the group that will be traveling with you plus checklists, info guides and much more.
- Welcome Week at London MET before semester start
- Contact person of the International Office also during the semester abroad for questions and problems (in addition to the contact persons at London MET on site)
- Around four months abroad
- Conversion and credit transfer of your UTS credits
- Welcome Home Event